Job ID 309921
Career Level Others
Experience 1-2 Years
GreenTech Resources was established in 2016 and have grown to be one of the leading in recruitment, immigration and settlement consultation in the prairies region. We have wide reach across the globe through our own offices, agents and channel partners. We can support our clients all across Canada through our multi location offices.
GreenTech Resources is looking for Asphalt Roller Operator for our employer based in Sudbury, Ontario location- 02 positions who are ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
Responsibilities for Asphalt Roller Operator
- Operate the roller and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Safely operate roller in successive overlapping passes over surfaces to be compacted, rolling subgrade and asphalt to desired compaction and smoothness.
- Determine speed and direction of machine, based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures, so that ridges do not form by excessive pressure.
- Push hand roller and pound surfaces using hand tamp, or guide portable power roller over areas not accessible to road roller.
- Operate self-propelled steel-wheeled, rubber-tired, vibrator, segmented, or other type of roller to compact earth, subgrade, sub-base and asphalt surfaces
- Operate the Breakdown roller to massage hot mix asphalt into place.
- Using the Rubber Tire Roller, compress hot mix asphalt to desired compaction.
- Operate the Finish Roller in successive overlapping passes to apply final finish, and remove imperfections with a finish roller.
- Operate Smooth Drum Roller, to seal subgrade and base surfaces.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Interpaving Limited Health & Safety Policy Program.
- Perform other related duties as required
- One (1) year of related experience
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma is an asset.
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
- Ability to handle the weight handling of mass up to 45kg (100lbs)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record.