Job ID 361101
Experience 1-2 Years
Company Name: Cupboard Brothers Cabinet Factory
Company Address: 1333 Park St, Regina, SK S4N 2E8
Location of work: 1333 Park St, Regina, SK
Number of job openings: 2
Job title: Cabinet Finisher
– Meet with customers to discuss finishing and colour preferences
– Disassemble furniture and cabinets and maintain all necessary instructions and hardware for later re-assembly
– Inspect materials for rot, damage, and wear
– Repair broken parts, remove imperfections, and fill in cracks using a variety of materials
– Remove old finish, varnish, and paint using sanders, solvents, and hand tools
– Sand and smooth all wood items in preparation for finishing, and apply required finishes, including varnish, stains, shellac, and paint
– Inspect finished product and follow-up with customer regarding repairs done and maintenance required
Terms of employment: Full-time or part-time; permanent position; between 32-40 hours per week for full-time, whereas part-time hours will vary; daytime shifts are typical, but weekend shifts may be required
Wage: $21-23/hour, depending on experience and education.
Education/experience required: Completion of high school education is required. Completion of post-secondary education in painting, staining, or wood finishing or at least 1 year of experience in a related field is required (such as woodworking, painting and staining, furniture finishing, etc.)
Skills required: Must be capable of working safely and accurately, often without supervision, adhering to company standards and protocols.
Language requirement: Must be comfortable writing, speaking, and otherwise communicating in English.
How To Apply:
In-person: 1333 Park St, Regina, SK S4N 2E8 (between 10am and 3pm)
We encourage applications from under-represented populations, such as Indigenous Canadians, newcomers to Canada, and disabled people. We appreciate your interest in applying, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.