- Career Level Others
- Experience 3 Years
- Industry Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring Carpenters (NOC 7271) for our client based in Canada – 01 positions available who is ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
Responsibilities for Carpenters
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to a four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in carpentry is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for carpenters is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and territories.
- Trade certification for framers is available, but voluntary, in Saskatchewan.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified carpenters upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.