- Career Level Others
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring for our client based in Canada – 09 positions available who is ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
Construction trades helpers and labourers assist skilled tradespersons and perform labouring activities at construction sites, in quarries and in surface mines. They are employed by construction companies, trade and labour contractors, and surface mine and quarry operators.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Load and unload building materials, as well as transport them to work sites.
- At construction sites, erect and demolish concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring, and barriers.
- Materials such as concrete and asphalt are mixed, poured, and spread.
Assist construction tradespeople such as carpenters, bricklayers, cement finishers, roofers, and glaziers.
- Assist heavy equipment operators with securing unique attachments to their equipment, signalling operators to aid them in moving equipment, and other tasks.
- Assist in the alignment of pipes and other associated tasks during the construction of oil and gas pipelines.
- At construction sites, assist with rock drilling and blasting.
- Using a rake and shovel, level the dirt to the fine grade criteria.
- Assist with the demolition of structures by utilising prying bars and other instruments, as well as sorting, cleaning, and stacking rescued debris.
- Using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, and other equipment, remove rubble and other debris from construction sites.
- As directed, use pneumatic hammers, vibrators, and tampers.
- Maintain or feed construction machines and equipment such as mixers, compressors, and pumps.
- Remove asbestos and other dangerous materials, as well as clean up chemical spills and other contamination.
- Hoists for oil and grease, as well as comparable equipment
- At or near construction sites, direct traffic.
- As directed, perform various tasks at building sites.
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Some experience as a general construction labourer may be required for construction trade helpers.
- Some pipeline workers, such as stabbers, mandrel operators and pre-heater tenders, usually require one season of experience in oil and gas pipeline construction.
- Flagmen/women may require a traffic control certificate.