Job ID 331918
Experience 1-2 Years
Industry Restaurant/ Food Service/Hotel
Cook Jobs in Canada
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
Additional job duties of a cook
- Menu planning
- Food shopping
- Recording food temperature
- Preparing reports
- Job Requirements (Work in Canada)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge of various types of cuisines and preparation
- Making sure of the quality of the ingredients and products used
- Follow company’s rules and regulations
- Keeping track of the inventory and ordering or updating the list
- Knowledge about cookware and bakeware
- Expert in chopping, peeling & cutting
Terms of employment (Canada) : Full-time, permanent position; daytime, evening, and weekend shifts may be required; between 32-40 hours per week
Salary: $17.00-20.00/hour, based on experience and training
Education required: Must have completed high school education. Completion of college program in restaurant or hospitality management may substitute for required work experience.
Work experience required: Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience working in a food service setting is required.
Language requirement: Must be comfortable writing, speaking, and otherwise communicating in English. Employer might require an English proficiency test done before considering your application.
Check out our other related job postings
Are you a cook with 2 or more years of experience looking to move to Canada and leverage your career? Employers in Canada are looking for cooks from around the world with the ability to multitask in the kitchen and work in a fast-paced environment. If you think you meet the following requirements apply and fill out your information to save your spot!
We are a Canadian Immigration, Recruitment & Settlement company based in Canada with multiple branches across the globe. We help our clients who have decided to take the plunge and relocate to the land of opportunities, by offering services related to the scope of employment and education. We at GTR Worldwide ensure that we offer visa consultancy services pertaining to Canada in the best way to make immigrants feel at home. We assist a wide range of clients and agents from all over the world and work to build their strengths and confidence that would, in turn, help them to flourish in the country.
Do follow us on our social media platforms for more job updates
Disclaimer : The job postings published by GTR Worldwide on this website are for future openings. Postings are based on jobs that are in demand for the coming years in Canada. Due to high volumes of applications received, this website cannot guarantee if any of the positions are still open and employment to everyone applying for the positions.
GTR Worldwide is not responsible for the wages, working conditions, safety or any other aspects of employment. Every candidate is responsible to do their own research about the organization and make wise decisions before accepting any position or offers.
For your own safety and security it is advised not to share your banking information on the website.
We will not post jobs that appears to discriminate against applicants on any basis.
If you have any concerns, feel free to contact us by calling us on our toll free number (1855-477-9797) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org