- Career Level Officer
- Experience 5 Years
- Industry IT/Computers
- Qualifications Master’s Degree
This hands-on person will be involved in the creation of sophisticated algorithms and data mining strategies designed to maximize the value of our customer’s data while playing an instrumental role in the development of the i-Open technology offering.
- Works as the Lead Data Scientist and strategist for the System Optimization department, to cultivate and develop a proven and sustainable machine learning foundation and competency.
- Works closely with project managers, developers, and leadership teams across the company to strategize and develop artificial intelligence (AI) products.
- Identify, clean, and integrate large sets of structured and unstructured datasets from disparate sources for use in ML models and products. Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is meaningful for building ML models.
- Uses advanced ML processes to convert data from non-functional forms, such as scanned image text, to functional forms ready for use in further ML models.
- Uses advanced ML models to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities that can make predictions or reduce workload across i-Open technology products
- Implement ML models into production by collaborating and guiding developers.
- Identifies, engages, and collaborates with specific partners as required for the development of AI products
- Communicates analytic solutions to leadership. Make recommendations to leadership regarding strategic actions to maintain the ML development pipeline, analytic architectures, and life cycle to avoid potential failures and increase the positive impact of ML systems.
- Ph.D. or Masters in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- 5-7 years of experience working with large datasets and machine learning models.
- Proficiency in working with SQL/Oracle, Python, and/or R across large data sets
- Excellent working knowledge of advanced analytical techniques, including regression, segmentation, machine deep learning, natural language processing, text analytics, and time-series modeling
- Understanding and experience with cloud infrastructures such as Azure or AWS and how to integrate R or Python analytical workflows would be highly desirable. Proven track record with accessing client customer databases. Knowledge of the major secondary data-sets available, and experience of merging these to create additional insights.
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure and web-based applications (fluency with MS Server OS and Web Platforms – other OS/Web Platforms beneficial).
- Business analysis and project management experience would be an asset.
Soft Skill Requirements
- Fast learner who can adapt and improve within a constantly changing industry
- Personable, able to interact with non-technical client staff to document business use cases and draft requirements
- Strong written and verbal communicational skills
- A self-starter who knows why they love this job and strives for excellence
- A future leader who empowers others
- Don’t have all of the skills and experience listed above? Don’t worry, we are always looking for qualified developers with a wide variety of skills. Please feel free to submit your resume for consideration and we will be in touch if we see a fit with other needs.