Job ID 331232
Career Level Others
Experience 1-2 Years
Industry Restaurant/ Food Service/Hotel
Food Service Supervisor Jobs in Canada (NOC 6311)
Job Description for Food Service Supervisor NOC 6311
- Supervise and direct the daily activities and duties of the food service staff, including cooks and kitchen helpers
- Prepare ingredient and foodservice supply orders, and obtain necessary signage, documents, and supplies from the corporate head office
- Make work schedules for all food service staff, scheduling them to best meet customer demand
- Follow-up with customer concerns or complaints
- Train food service staff in their required job duties, including required sanitation and safety protocols
- Maintain records of ingredient and material losses and requisition repairs for important kitchen equipment
- Manage, co-ordinate and timetable the exercises of staff who get ready, piece and serve food
- Set up work timetables and strategies
- Ensure top-quality service provision via consistent supervision of team members
- Oversee activities in the kitchen to ensure top quality foods are prepared
- Schedule, train, and hire personnel for foodservice
- Oversee complete cleanliness and tidiness of the outlet
- Listen to clients in the event they have one complaint or the other regarding the quality of service delivery
- Resolve quickly any complaint or issue related to food quality
- Ensure there is adequate stock of supplies and also consistently maintain inventory
- Manage cash registers professionally
- Welcome customers and also provide them with the menu
- Carry every member of staff along and get them adequately informed on important issues as and when due
- Pack orders by the client and get such delivered as requested
- Prepare foods specifically requested by clients
- Make information available to customers regarding new items and up-sells.
Requirements to work in Canada
- Ability to work under pressure
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Cash handling and deposit management
- Ability to supervise more than 3 employees
- Ability to work as a team and reach monthly or daily targets
- Excellent customer service and hospitality
- Ability to work on improving the sales of the company
- Good communication skills
- Manage daily sales and prepare reports
- Handling coupons and other promotions for various occasions
- Keeping a track of the inventory and ordering the required products
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent position; daytime, evening, and weekend shifts may be required; between 32-40 hours per week
Salary: $17.00-20.00/hour, based on experience and training
Education required: Must have completed high school education. Completion of a college program in restaurant or hospitality management may substitute for required work experience.
Work experience required: Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience working in a food service setting is required.
Language requirement: Must be comfortable writing, speaking, and otherwise communicating in English. The employer might require an English proficiency test done before considering your application.
Check out our other related job postings
Do follow us on our social media platforms for more job updates
Facebook LinkedIn Instagram
Disclaimer: The job postings published by GTR Worldwide on this website are for future openings. Postings are based on jobs that are in demand for the coming years in Canada. Due to high volumes of applications received, this website cannot guarantee if any of the positions are still open and employment to everyone applying for the positions.
GTR Worldwide is not responsible for the wages, working conditions, safety or any other aspects of employment. Every candidate is responsible to do their own research about the organization and make wise decisions before accepting any position or offer.
For your own safety and security, it is advised not to share your banking information on the website.
We will not post jobs that appear to discriminate against applicants on any basis.
If you have any concerns, feel free to contact us by calling us on our toll-free number (1855-477-9797) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org