- Job ID 309900
- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Industry Construction
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
GreenTech Resources was established in 2016 and have grown to be one of the leading in recruitment, immigration and settlement consultation in the prairies region. We have wide reach across the globe through our own offices, agents and channel partners. We can support our clients all across Canada through our multi location offices.
GreenTech Resources is looking for Grader Operator for our employer based in Sudbury, Ontario location- 01 positions who are ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
Responsibilities for Grader Operator
- Operating grader equipment to fine grade, spread & push piles of sand, soil and aggregate materials.
- Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Driver grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
- Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine the depth of the cut.
- Operate Grader on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
- Finish grade base surface preparation to specified tolerances.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
- Ensure grader is in proper gear, and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Interpaving Limited Health & Safety Policy Program.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Two (2) years of directly related experience operating heavy equipment
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma is an asset.
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record as well as having a means of transportation.