- Career Level Others
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Beauty and Wellness
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
GreenTech Resources is currently Hairstylist (NOC 6341 ) for our employer based in Regina, Canada location who are ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
Hairstylists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Clean and style wigs and hairpieces
- Apply for hair extensions
- May shampoo and rinse hair
- May perform receptionist duties and order supplies
- May judge in competitions
- May train or supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helpers.
Barbers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Cut and trim hair according to the client’s instructions or preferences
- Shave and trim beards and moustaches
- May shampoo hair and provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and may also provide scalp conditioning massages
- May book appointments and order supplies
- May train and supervise other barbers and barber apprentices.
- Some secondary school education is required.
- Completion of a two- or three-year hairstyling apprenticeship program or completion of a college or other program in hairstyling combined with on-the-job training is usually required.
- Several years of experience may replace formal education and training.
- Employers may require applicants to provide a hairstyling demonstration before being hired.
- Trade certification for hairstylists is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta, and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified hairstylists upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination