- Job ID 140335
- Career Level Executive
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Immigration
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring a Legal Administrative Assistant (NOC 1242) in Immigration.
Legal administrative assistants perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in law offices, legal departments of large firms, real estate companies, land title offices, municipal, provincial and federal courts and government.
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorneys, clients, and providers.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
- Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Familiarity with the software used in legal offices such as Timeslips, Onbase, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- At least 1-year related experience in a law firm
- Strong written, analytical, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with Expert, Aderant Total Office or other related Legal Billing Software programs
- Must have the ability to adapt to peak quarterly workloads, new assignments and meet required deadlines
- Ability to professionally interact with various levels of personnel