Job ID 60271
Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring an Long Haul Transport Truck Driver ( NOC 7511) for our client based in Toronto,Ontario, Canada. Employer is ready to support any suitable candidate with LMIA/PNP Support job offer if required.
Long Haul Transport Truck Driver
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Long-haul truck drivers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles, to transport goods and material to destinations
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular telephone and on-board computer
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Line-haul and local truck drivers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and drive straight trucks to transport goods and materials over urban and short inter-urban routes
- May drive lighter, special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks
- Perform pre-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicles such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- A Class D licence is required to drive straight trucks.
- A Class A licence is required to drive articulated trucks.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
- Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.