- Job ID 323140
- Experience 3 Years
- Industry Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Qualifications Apprenticeship
Company Name: Port Boat House
Company Address: 5410 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1T7
Location of work: 5410 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC
Number of job openings: 2
Job title: Marine Repair Technician
– Perform routine maintenance, repair, and diagnostics to outboard and stern drive engines
– Diagnose, repair, and install marine systems, such as water systems, hydraulic steering systems, black water systems, etc.
– Install outboard motor and related controls, marine electronics, radar and GPS
– Consult with clients about maintenance and repairs in the future
– Keep detailed records of all work, repairs, and labour performed, and follow up with supervisor
– Deliver exceptional customer service to ensure repeat business and continued satisfaction
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent position (approximately 32-40 hours per week); daytime and weekend shifts
Wage: $28.00-30.00, depending on experience and training
Education/experience required: Must have completed marine mechanical technician program OR have at least 3 years of experience in marine repair/servicing.
Language requirement: Must be comfortable writing, speaking, and otherwise communicating in English.
How To Apply:
In-person: 5410 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1T7 (between 10am and 4pm)
We encourage applications from under-represented populations, such as Indigenous Canadians, newcomers to Canada, and disabled people. We appreciate your interest in applying, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.