- Career Level Officer
- Experience 3 Years
- Industry Restaurant/ Food Service/Hotel
- Qualifications Diploma
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring Cooks for Japanese Cuisine- Sushi Chef -NOC 6321 for our client based in SK, Canada, who is ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
Job duties as mentioned below :
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
Employment Requirements :
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Cook’s trade certification or equivalent credentials, training and experience are required.
- Executive chefs usually require management training and several years of experience in commercial food preparation, including two years in a supervisory capacity and experience as a sous-chef, specialist chef or chef.
- Sous-chefs, specialist chefs and chefs usually require several years of experience in commercial food preparation.