- Career Level Others
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Restaurant/ Food Service/Hotel
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring Cashiers (NOC 6611) for our employer based in Edmonton, Alberta – 20 positions available who are ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
GreenTech Resources is an established recruitment, immigration and settlement company with its Head office in Regina, SK, Canada. Established in 2016, we have our offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Mississauga. GreenTech deals in foreign worker recruitment, settlement and immigration processes.
Responsibilities for Cashiers
- Handle payments (cash, debit, credit cards, checks)
- Scan items
- Price checks
- Ensure there is enough cash in the till before shift (as well as the correct amount)
- Give back correct change, receipts, refunds (refunds will sometimes be issued at a customer service desk instead of at the register)
- Bag items
- Make cross sells, sell new products
- Answer any questions customers may have (requires in depth knowledge of the various in store items)
- Process coupons
- Handle discount cards
- Check for ID on certain items such as alcohol and cigarettes
- Maintain a record of transactions
- Maintain a clean and tidy checkout area
- Return unbought items to shelves
- You may sometimes be asked to help out around the store (ie. stocking shelves, price checks, cleanup etc)
- Help customers sign up for rewards points programs/card
- Some secondary school education is usually required. High school diploma may be required by some employers.