- Career Level Others
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Cleaning and Facilities
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
Light duty cleaners clean lobbies, hallways, offices and rooms of hotels, motels, resorts, hospitals, schools, office buildings and private residences. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, recreational facilities, hospitals and other institutions, building management companies, cleaning service companies and private individuals.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Floors should be swept, mopped, washed, waxed, and polished.
- Vacuum carpeting and area rugs, drapes, and upholstered furniture and dust them.
- Make the beds, change the bedding, and hand out fresh towels and toiletries.
- Attend to any requests for additional supplies made by guests.
- Ensure that linen closets and other supply locations are stocked.
- Fixtures and appliances in the kitchen and bathroom should be cleaned, disinfected, and polished.
- Cleaning and disinfecting public spaces such as locker rooms, showers, and elevators are essential.
- Disinfect operation rooms and other sections of the hospital.
- Pick up rubbish and empty garbage cans.
- Window, wall, and ceiling cleaning
- Lost and found things should be reported and stored.
- It’s possible that you’ll be able to get some basic information about the amenities
- It is possible that you will be in charge of complaints.
This is what you typically need for the job.
- There are no specific education requirements for occupations in this unit group.
- Certification for housekeeping room attendants or similar certification may be required by some employers.