- Job ID 170065
- Career Level Others
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Manufacturing and Warehouse
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring Welder (NOC 7237) for our employer based in Winnipeg, Manitoba location who are ready to support an LMIA/PNP. (Looking for candidates inside Canada)
GreenTech Resources is an established recruitment, immigration and settlement company with its Head office in Regina, SK, Canada. Established in 2016, we have our offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Mississauga. Greentech deals in foreign worker recruitment, settlement and immigration processes.
Responsibilities for Welder
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Weld small and large components such as copper plumbing, beams, and pipelines.
- Use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job.
- Maintain and repair all machinery.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is compulsory in Alberta and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified welders upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.