- Career Level Others
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Business Operations
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring Printing press operator (NOC 7381) for our employer based in Winnipeg location. Preferred candidates inside Canada.
GreenTech Resources is an established recruitment, immigration and settlement company with its Head office in Regina, SK, Canada. Established in 2016, we have our offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Mississauga. Greentech deals in foreign worker recruitment, settlement and immigration processes.
Responsibilities for Printing Press Operator
- Operate printing machine.
- Run several presses with different size and color capacities.
- Prepare machines for printing.
- Install the printing plate with the images to be printed.
- Press operators prepare machines for printing.
- Ink the presses, load paper, and adjust the press to the paper size.
- Ensure that paper and ink meet specifications
- Adjust the flow of ink to the inking rollers accordingly.
- Guide paper through the press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
- Monitor their operation and keep the paper feeders well stocked.
- Make adjustments to manage ink distribution, speed, and temperature in the drying chamber.
- Correct paper tears or jams.
- Search for and correct problems.
- Make quick corrections to avoid expensive losses of paper and ink.
- Pull sheets to check for printing imperfections.
- Set up, monitor, and adjust the printing process on a control panel or computer monitor.
- Oil and clean the presses and make minor repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform digital, electrostatic, and ink-jet printing.
- Transfer files, blend colors, and proof images electronically using digital presses.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a college program in printing technology or a combination of on-the-job training and specialized high school, college or industry courses is usually required.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Québec.