- Career Level Others
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Automobile
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
GreenTech Resources is an established recruitment, immigration and settlement company with its Head office in Regina, SK, Canada. Established in 2016, we have our offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Mississauga.
Delivery and courier service drivers drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products. They are employed by dairies, drug stores, newspaper distributors, take-out food establishments, dry cleaners, mobile caterers, courier and messenger service companies and many other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and drive cars, vans, and light trucks to pick up and transport a variety of things, including fast food, newspapers, magazines, bread, and dairy products, as well as dry cleaning, envelopes, packages, and parcels.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Plan delivery routes and travel timetables.
- Cargo, products, or merchandise must be loaded and unloaded.
Sell things, deliver goods via set routes, and collect or make payments for goods to provide customer service.
- Keep track of pick-ups and deliveries, as well as vehicle miles and fuel expenses, and report any incidents or concerns.
- May be able to scan and sort freight or goods in preparation for delivery.Employment Requirements
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A driver’s licence appropriate to the class of vehicle being driven is required.
- One year of safe driving experience is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Eligibility for bonding and transportation of dangerous goods (TGD) certification may be required for delivery and courier drivers.