- Career Level Others
- Experience 2 Years
- Industry Farming
- Qualifications Certificate
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring General farm worker (NOC 8431)- 02 positions available for our employer based in Saskatchewan, Canada location who are ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
GreenTech Resources is an established recruitment, immigration and settlement company with its Head office in Regina, SK, Canada. Established in 2016, we have our offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Mississauga. Greentech deals in foreign worker recruitment, settlement and immigration processes.
Responsibilities for General farm worker
- Performing manual labor.
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops
- Managing farming activities.
- Feed and tend livestock and poultry
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Follow food safety and security and animal bio-security procedures
- Perform or assist in performing breeding activities of farm animals
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Milk cows
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
- Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- There are no specific education or training requirements. However, a college certificate or specialized courses related to farming, such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding, tree pruning and pesticide application, are available.
- Basic farm knowledge, usually obtained from working on a family farm, may be required for employment.
- A course or certificate in first aid may be required.