Job ID 171142
Career Level Others
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Industry Meat Processing
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring Industrial butcher (NOC 9462) for our employer based in Winnipeg, Manitoba location. Preferred candidates inside Canada.
GreenTech Resources is an established recruitment, immigration and settlement company with its Head office in Regina, SK, Canada. Established in 2016, we have our offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Mississauga. Greentech deals in foreign worker recruitment, settlement and immigration processes.
Responsibilities for Industrial butcher
- Working in various stages of meat processing from slaughtering the animals, cleaning the carcasses, cutting it into required meat cuts and packaging the cuts to meet client specifications.
- Cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
- Remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portion
- Reading and processing labels and packages, filling order forms, and basic measurement and estimation of cuts of meat.
- Using scanner for organization and filling of orders.
- Communicating orally to customers, employers, quality assurance personnel, and government inspectors.
- Referring to diagrams and charts of cuts of meat and animal anatomy.
- Analyzing different products and filling special order requests (i.e. meat cuts) to suit the needs of the customer.
- Documenting animal data such as identification numbers, weight, and farm information.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided for industrial butchers, meat cutters and poultry preparers.