Job ID 54561
Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Industry Installation, Maintenance and Repair
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Project Engineer II
Leading Engineering search firm assisting with one of our clients to obtain a Mechanical Engineer with problem-solving, logic, and creativity skills and would have the opportunity to be part of a multi-discipline and highly interactive team of engineers, in a professional environment.
The project engineer’s primary role is to perform advanced engineering calculations as well as code and design analysis on complex projects within the technical area of expertise. Design all phases of complex and significant projects. The project engineer should require little or no supervision to complete design and analysis tasks for projects. Provide guidance and technical direction to support team members including other engineers/designers within their area of expertise. Responsible for a total production of the project, organization and maintenance of the project design file, and calculation design book for each project. Coordinates design and design issues with the project manager, team members, and outside design consultants. Occasionally acts as a team leader for small projects, assists the project manager in the development of design concepts, manpower plans, schedules, and budgets, and prepares correspondence and transmittals as directed. Completes design activities in a timely manner. The project engineer should have a complete understanding of the project’s technical design of mechanical & plumbing systems, coordination of design between engineering disciplines and architecture, engineering calculations, equipment selection, and scheduling, mechanical specifications, cost estimating, and oversee drawing production.
- BS Mechanical Engineering Degree from accredited college or university and FE required Professional Engineer registration preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in mechanical buildings design (HVAC, plumbing, fire protection)
- Strong technical design and engineering ability
- Strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
- Familiar with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Familiar with Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- LEED certification or experience in sustainable design
- Cost estimating experience
- Strong teamwork, communications, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health & dental insurance.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.