Job ID 141687
Career Level Others
Experience 1-2 Years
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring for our client based in Canada – 09 positions available who is ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
Supervisors of motor transport and other ground transit operators supervise and coordinate activities of truck drivers, bus drivers, delivery drivers, subway and other transit operators, chauffeurs and taxi and limousine drivers. This unit group also includes bus dispatchers who coordinate the activities of transit system bus drivers and subway traffic controllers who operate and monitor signal and track switch control panels. They are employed by motor transportation and ground transit companies and by urban transit systems.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, coordinate, and arrange the actions of employees who drive trucks, buses, subway trains, light rail transit, streetcars, taxis, and other modes of transportation.
- Establish procedures for adhering to work schedules and coordinating work with other departments.
- Resolve work issues and make recommendations for ways to increase performance.
- Materials and supplies are requisitioned.
- Staff should be trained on job responsibilities, safety procedures, and corporate policies.
- Personnel actions such as hiring and promotions should be recommended.
- Dispatch bus drivers and monitor routes to verify that schedules are adhered to and that operational issues are resolved.
- Subway signal and track switch control panels are monitored and operated.
- Prepare work reports and keep track of progress.
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a driver or operator of motor transport or ground transit equipment are usually required.