- Career Level Others
- Experience 1-2 Years
- Industry Automobile
- Qualifications Post-Secondary
GreenTech Resources is currently hiring Transport Truck Drivers (NOC -7511) for our client based in Canada – 03 positions available who is ready to support an LMIA/PNP.
Transport truck drivers operate heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over urban, interurban, provincial and international routes. They are employed by transportation, manufacturing, distribution and moving companies, and trucking employment service agencies, or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes drivers of special purpose trucks and shunters who move trailers to and from loading docks within trucking yards or lots.
Responsibilities for Tractor-trailer truck driver
- Safely delivering the freight at various locations, including over long distances.
- Planning the most efficient routes and delivering freight on time.
- Performing truck and trailer inspections before departure to ensure good running order.
- Inventorizing loads and documenting the condition of the freight before departure.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of freight, and obtaining the client’s signature on delivery.
- Securing the freight in place before departure and monitoring its safe distribution throughout the trip.
- Performing service checks on tire pressure, oil, and fluid levels, as well as minor repairs, when required.
- Logging the hours driven, rest stop durations, distances covered, as well as all fuel, repair, and toll expenses.
- Reporting any delays due to road conditions, accidents, or breakdowns to management.
- Adhering to federal and state trucking rules and regulations, including mandatory rest periods, weight restrictions, and weight adjustments.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required.
- A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks.
- A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
- Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Additional licensing endorsement or certification may be required to drive articulated trucks.