Job ID 382459
Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
APPLY NOW AND GET HIRED! Upholsterer Jobs in Canada (NOC 63221) *Jobs In-Demand*
Upholsterer Jobs in Canada (NOC 63221)
- Meeting with clients and design agents to discuss upholstery ideas.
- Interpreting design orders and creating upholstery stencils.
- Selecting and sourcing upholstery materials.
- Dismantling furniture for upholstery preparation.
- Measuring and cutting leather or fabric with the aid of design stencils.
- Installing foam and batting to the furniture framework.
- Installing and repairing furniture webbing and seating springs.
- Stretching out and installing fabric or leather coverings.
- Stitching, gluing, and nailing fabric into place.
- Smoothing out imperfections.
- Conducting quality checks on completed orders.
- Study work orders to determine the amount and type of materials required to cover work pieces
- Follow sketches, patterns or blueprints to indicate cutting lines on fabrics using chalks, pencils or paint
- Measure and cut materials using manual or automated cutting instruments
- Confer with customers prior to upholstery to determine their color, style, and fabric preferences
- Remove anchoring tacks and strip upholstered furniture down to its wooden frame
- Examine furniture frames, springs, and webbings to identify defects
- Apply their knowledge of upholstery to build or repair upholstered furniture using a variety of hand or power tools
- Ensure projects are completed and delivered before set deadline
- Cover wooden frame with soft materials such as cotton, felt pad, fiber or foam to improve texture and appearance
- Work with tools and materials such as glue, staples, saw, cement, tacks and nail guns
- Secure work pieces and materials onto production equipment
- Conduct routine maintenance of work tools and upholstery machine
- Finish upholstered furniture by attaching ornament trims, buttons, buckles, and grommets
- Operate sewing machine to sew upholstery and join various sections of covering fabric
- Replace defective or worn upholstery spring, webbing or wooden frame.
Upholsterer Jobs in Canada (NOC 63221)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven work experience as an upholsterer.
- Excellent design skills.
- Ability to draw and interpret design templates.
- Knowledge of upholstery tools including hot knives, nail guns, and sewing equipment.
- Ability to lift, pull, and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for up to eight hours a day.
Terms of Employment
- Full Time
- Permanent Position
- 40 Hours a week
- Day, night, Flexible hours.
Required Years of experience: At least 2 years of experience
Do follow us on our social media platforms for more job updates
We are a Canadian Immigration, Recruitment & Settlement company based in Canada with multiple branches across the globe. We help our clients who have decided to take the plunge and relocate to the land of opportunities, by offering services related to the scope of employment and education. We at GTR Worldwide ensure that we offer visa consultancy services pertaining to Canada in the best way to make immigrants feel at home. We assist a wide range of clients and agents from all over the world and work to build their strengths and confidence that would, in turn, help them to flourish in the country.
Disclaimer: The job postings published by GTR Worldwide on this website are for future openings. Postings are based on jobs that are in demand for the coming years in Canada. Due to high volumes of applications received, this website cannot guarantee if any of the positions are still open and employment to everyone applying for the positions.
GTR Worldwide is not responsible for the wages, working conditions, safety or any other aspects of employment. Every candidate is responsible to do their own research about the organization and make wise decisions before accepting any position or offer.
For your own safety and security, it is advised not to share your banking information on the website.
We will not post jobs that appear to discriminate against applicants on any basis.
If you have any concerns, feel free to contact us by calling us on our toll-free number (1855-477-9797) or via email at email@example.com