If you are interested in applying for a study permit to Canada during this time, we have the following update to you:

  • Application for Study Permit and Temporary Visa still open for all the applicants, but due to the travel restriction, you will be able to enter Canada for Fall term 2020 (September 2020) and Winter term 2020 (January 2021)
  • Please note that the success rate at this moment for a study permit is very high as there are fewer competitors
  • Many Colleges/Universities and Institutions have offered DuoLingo test results instead of IELTS/TOEFL due to the closure of the test center. This language test can be done online, and the result will be available within 2
    working business days.

1) Seneca:
Certificate Programs: 105 – 110
Diploma and AD: 105 – 110
Degree: 115 – 120
Graduate Certificate: 125 – 130

2) Centennial:
Fast track Postgraduate certificate: 125+
Post-secondary programs: 105 -124
Foundation programs: 95-104

3) Humber:
Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma: 105 -110
Degrees: 115-120
Bachelor or Nursing Degree: 135-140
Graduate Certificate: 125-130

Canadian Government has been doing their best to protect its citizen as well as students and workers in Canada, by offering the Canada Emergency Response Benefit. An individual will earn up to $2000/month during this pandemic by simply creating their Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) account online and start applying for it. You must ensure that you have lost your job due to Covid-19, have an income of at least $5000 during 2019 or within 12 months, and are 15 years of age of older.

Please refer to this link
and https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individuals.html for more information.

Parents with children who are currently in Canada can be rest assured since Canada has been doing their best in preventing the spread of the virus, and that in case if they have infected by the virus, the Government will provide the treatment for free of charge. But please note that you must have health insurance to protect yourself from other incidents.

For International Students and Workers who held their valid permit before March 15, 2020, you are eligible to return to Canada. But please take precautions to protect when travel by always wearing a mask in public area. Also, please do not forget to wash your hand thoroughly before touching your face.

However, with Visitor Visa holders, Canada Government has not lifted the restrictions so you cannot return/enter Canada at this moment. GTR Immigration will keep the information up to date for who is interested.

GTR Immigration Inc are here to provide immigration services for Students, Workers, and Visitors during this time of difficulty. Please send your request to our RCIC so we can assist you with your situations, whether you want to apply for study permit, change your school, restore your status, work permits, permanent residency, etc.

Please give us a call at:
(306) 500-1704 (Regina Office)
1 (306) 500-1712 (Saskatoon Office)

1 (306) 550-4819 (Whatsapp)

Our office location:
Saskatoon Office
CIBC Building Unit # 313
201, 21 st St East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0B8, Canada\

Regina Office
RBC Building Unit #760, 7 th Floor
2010 11 th Ave, Regina S4P 0J3, Canada